Ivana is a partner in T&M. She renowned for her success rate in licensing, having led on the majority of licensing procedures handled by T&M. She routinely advises on regulatory compliance, private placements, public listings/de-listings, corporate finance, due diligence and M&A transactions. Ivana also has extensive experience in capital markets, project finance, energy and commercial contracts.
Furthermore, Ivana is admitted and registered as Industrial Property Representative with the Bulgarian Patent Office. She offers strong expertise in online trading platforms, advertising-related compliance issues and distribution agreements. Ivana is a member of Dispute Resolution Committee in Bulgaria, helping unsatisfied clients within the EU obtain out-of-court settlement in the field of financial services.
2006 – present Tocheva and Mandazhieva Law Office, Partner
2004 - 2006 Tocheva and Mandazhieva Law Office, Attorney-at-Law
2003 – 2004 BenchMark Group, Legal advisor
2002 – 2003 International Law Office Hayhurst Robinson, Legal trainee
2003 Sofia University, Faculty of Law, LLM
Sofia Bar Associationр 2004
International Bar Association 2016
- In 2016 Ivana was the main point of contact for Samsung’s EUR 55 million finance transaction;
- In 2014 Ivana advised Alpha Bank, Greece with respect to the Bulgarian legal issues arising out of the EUR 5,5 million re-financing of an international producer of dairy products, featuring a private bond emission;
- In 2012 Ivana advised one of the largest banks in Denmark, NyKredit Bank, on the EUR 10 million re-financing of several wind power plants in Bulgaria;
- In 2012 Ivana advised on the Bulgarian leg of the European restructuring of Philips;
- Between 2009 and 2012 Ivanaadvised on licensing of Samsung’s significant investment programme in Bulgaria, covering 35 MW of photovoltaic power plants;
- In 2008, Ivana advised RWE Power AG on licensing issues with respect to Belene Nuclear Power Plant project; she also assisted on the relevant due diligence analysis.
- In 2007 Ivana advised on the implementation of MiFID I across operations and documentation of more over ten investment firms in Bulgaria;
- Before joining the T&M, she has worked at a leading international law firm where she was part of the legal team advising OTP Bank (Hungary) on its acquisition of DSK Bank (the largest Bulgarian savings bank). As part of the project finance department in the law firm Ivana has been part of teams advised EBRD, BSTDB and IFC in several transactions in Bulgaria.
- Requirements for the acquisition of payment institutions and electronic money issuers, Capital Weekly, 14 May 2017
- ECJ’s decision on the Facebook case is a game changer for transboundary transfer of personal data from the European Union to third countries, Capital Weekly, 25 October 2015,
- The noose around the renewable energy producers in Bulgaria, Capital Weekly, 13 July 2014
- Finance leasing as a flexible method of financing, Capital Weekly, 30 June 2013
- Loans with collateral repo deal, Capital Weekly, 10 March 2013