Tanya is a founding partner at Tocheva & Mandazhieva Law Office. She has extensive experience in the fields of energy law, real estate and construction, project development and finance. She also advises on M&A transactions, general corporate and banking law matters, corporate reorganisation and restructuring, IP and administrative law issues and all relevant litigation.
Tanya represents both local and foreign clients in major projects in the banking, energy, industrial and telecommunications sectors and in the real estate market, acting as a lead advisor or in cooperation with large international law firms. She specialises in drafting FIDIC, O&M, Lease and Built to Suit Lease Contracts and Property Management Contracts. Data protection is another of Tanya’s interests, with a particular emphasis on the challenges posed by the Digital Single Market in Europe.
Tanya is admitted and registered as an Industrial Property Representative with the Bulgarian Patent Office. She is also a certified mediator.
2004 – present Tocheva and Mandazhieva Law Office, Founding Partner
2001 - 2004 KPMG Bulgaria, Attorney-at-Law, Senior Lawyer
1996 – 2001 Eurobank AD, Legal Advisor
1996 Sofia University, Faculty of Law, LLM
Sofia Bar Association, 1998
International Bar Association, 2016
Bulgarian, English, Basic German
- Since 2011 Tanya consults on the regulatory, real estate and construction aspects of Samsung C&T’s investment in the Bulgarian photovoltaic market. She lead Samsung's SPVs' successful litigation against many acts of the EWRC and spearheaded various disputes with the electricity grid operators;
- Between 2005 and 2016 she advised Tishman International Companies on their real estate and construction projects in Bulgaria, including fully servicing the structuring, development, letting and management of the Sofia Airport Center - one of the largest office and logistics parks in Bulgaria.
- In 2008 – 2009 Tanya advised RWE Power AG on the real estate, construction and putting into operation aspects of Bulgaria’s second proposed nuclear plant.
- Before founding T&M, she was involved in many legal due diligences and acquisitions (Eurobank EAD, Mobiltel JSC, Biohim bank JSC, Devin JSC, the winery Domain Menada, VINPROM – Rousse JSC, etc.)
- The Single Digital Market in Europe – terms and areas of regulation, 17 May 2015, Capital Weekly;
- The bank account behind the debit card, 23 February 2014, Capital Weekly;
- What is еndurable construction, 25 September 2016, Capital;
- Appealing the General zoning plan and the public interest, 19 August 2012, Capital;
- Limitations of contractual liability and liquidated damages, 16 January 2012, Capital